The aim of this course is to enable a candidate to identify hazards and controls within confined spaces; develop an emergency procedure plan; and complete the necessary documentation required for a confined space entry.
At the successful completion of the course the candidate will be able to:
- The required legal documents covering confined space entry are identified.
- Examples of confined spaces are listed and categorised.
- Identify and implement control measures to eliminate, isolate, and minimise the risk of confined space hazards.
- Demonstrate knowledge of monitoring and confined space testing requirements.
- Hazards of confined spaces are identified in terms of their potential for serious harm.
- Describe the responsibilities and duties of people entering confined spaces or conducting observation duties for confined spaces.
- Develop an emergency procedure plan.
NZQA Unit Standards
18426 Demonstrate knowledge of hazards associated with confined spaces (4 credits)
Course Duration 1 day