At the successful completion of this course a trainee will be able to identify and describe legislative rights and responsibilities for workplace health and safety, and identify the principles of workplace safety. They will also be able to demonstrate safe work practices and describe hazards that may harm fellow workers, the work environment, and organisations.
Theory lessons covering the following:
- Responsibilities of employers and employees under the HSE Act.
- Describe the systems approach to workplace health and safety.
- The principles of workplace safety in a workplace.
- Safe and unsafe work practices.
- Good workplace health and safety practices.
NZQA Unit Standard
17593 Apply safe work practices in the workplace
Attendance Numbers Minimum of 10, maximum of 15 per trainer
Course Duration Approx 4 hours