This course is intended for people who are responsible for the implementation of their organisation's Drug and Alcohol policy and processes. They manage or work in drug and/or alcohol prevention programmes in the workplace, often in addition to their other duties.
People will learn:
- The drug classifications.
- Offences and penalties for the possession, use and supply of drugs under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1975.
- How alcohol and/or drugs can impair workers.
- Behaviours and protocols that can be used when dealing with individuals under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.
- Tools to manage workers with drug and/or alcohol related problems in the workplace.
- To implement their organisation's drug and alcohol hazard management plan:
- Prepare plans for drug hazard inspections;
- Implement a compliant drug hazard inspection in the workplace.
NZQA Unit Standards
22316 Demonstrate knowledge of the management of drug and/or alcohol-related problems in the workplace (Level 2)
22317 Demonstrate knowledge of drug hazard management in the workplace (Level 4)
22318 Demonstrate knowledge of employer responsibilities in relation to drug and/or alcohol use in the workplace (Level 3)
Please bring a copy of your organisation's 'Drug and Alcohol policy' and any processes / SOPs / written procedures your organisation uses when dealing with a breach of their Drug and Alcohol policy.
If your organisation does not have a 'Drug and Alcohol policy and procedure' you will be expected to develop one prior to completing this course.
Attendance Numbers Minimum of 6, maximum of 15 per trainer
Course Duration 2 days