At the successful completion of this course trainees will be able to:
NZQA Unit Standards
- Understand the mechanism of hearing.
- Identify the causes of hearing impairment.
- Apply the benefits of using hearing protection equipment in the workplace.
- Describe the structure and function of the spine.
- Identify the risk factors for occupational back injury.
- Identify back care techniques.
- Identify work place control measures to reduce the risk of back injury.
- Describe what is meant by DPI.
- Outline the groups of contributory factors and how they combine to result in DPI.
- Describe the contributory factors individuals and workplaces need to consider when preventing and managing DPI.
- Outline measures used to manage the risks to staff experiencing DPI.
17591 Demonstrate knowledge of the prevention and management of Discomfort, Pain and Injury (DPI) in the workplace
17592 Identify the causes of back injury and methods to prevent back injuries in the workplace
17594 Demonstrate knowledge of hearing conservation in the workplace
Attendance Numbers Minimum of 10, maximum of 12 per trainer
Course Duration 2 days
The unit standards can be separated and assessed as stand-alone course if required.