At the successful completion of the course the candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge of height safety PPE inspection techniques, identify faults and probable causes within various items of height safety PPE. In addition they will be able to design and implement an inspection record database.
- Identify manufacturer's maintenance instructions
- Identify manufacturer's maintenance specifications
- Reject damaged and/or worn equipment
- Carry out maintenance procedures in accordance with manufacturers specifications
- Record equipment in log book
- Record maintenance procedures in log book
NZQA Unit Standard
19359 Inspect and maintain height safety equipment
Attendance Numbers Minimum 8, Maximum 10
Course Duration 2 days
Due to the nature of this course it is highly recommended that the candidate has an understanding of safe working at height, as such a minimum of 23229 Basic Harness Systems is recommended.