At the successful completion of the course the trainee will be able to describe procedures for rescue from an electrical structure; carry out rescue of victim from an electrical structure; and report rescue from an electrical structure.
Both theory and practical lessons covering the following:
NZQA Unit Standard
- Procedures for rescue from an electrical structure.
- Planned climbing route in terms of safety and time restrictions.
- Basic life support and first aid methods in terms of current best practice.
- Carry out rescue of victim from an electrical structure.
- Report rescue from electrical structure.
17025 Carry out a rescue from an electrical structure
Attendance Numbers Minimum of 6, maximum of 8 per trainer
Course Duration 1 day
Trainees must hold a current First Aid certificate and NZQA unit standard 10509 Climb and work on electricity network structures; or demonstrate equivalent knowledge and skills. i.e. Fall arrest 15757.
Evidence for all trainees must be sighted prior to their attendance.
This course requires a level of fitness to demonstrate competency for the skill being trained.