Basic Traffic Controller (Level 1)
Price (Per Person): $320 + GST
Company Booking: $2,900 + GST
This one day course promotes safe working practices, standards and operating procedures at roadwork sites.
This is the NZ Transport Agency (NZTA) Level 1 Basic Traffic Controller (TC), which covers the standards and operating procedures required by the Code of Practice for Temporary Traffic Management (COP/TTM).
Appropriately trained and qualified staff must be available to carry out temporary traffic management duties in compliance with the NZTA COP/TTM and Local Roads supplement on all worksites.
This course is the pre-requisite entry requirement for people wanting further training to Level 1 Site Traffic Management Supervisor (STMS).
- Responsibilities for traffic management on site.
- Personal protective equipment.
- Protected work areas and safety zones.
- Static site and mobile site safe practices.
- Hazards, near misses, crashes, and incident reporting.
- Overhead clearances and underslung loads.
- Site entry and exit procedures.
- Moving and parking plant.
- Identify powers and authorities in relation to a TTM situation.
- Establish, maintain and removed traffic control equipment.
- Supervising manual traffic control process.
- Manual traffic control
NZQA UNIT STANDARD
Demonstrate knowledge of working safely at sites under temporary traffic management