Price (Per Person): $320 + GST
Company Booking: $2900 + GST
Basic Traffic Controller - Level 1
This one day course promotes safe working practices, standards and operating procedures at roadwork sites.
This is the NZ Transport Agency (NZTA) Level 1 Basic Traffic Controller (TC), which covers the standards and operating procedures required by the Code of Practice for Temporary Traffic Management (COP/TTM).
Appropriately trained and qualified staff must be available to carry out temporary traffic management duties in compliance with the NZTA COP/TTM and Local Roads supplement on all worksites.
This course is the pre-requisite entry requirement for people wanting further training to Level 1 Site Traffic Management Supervisor (STMS).
- Health and safety principles.
- Principles of temporary traffic management.
- Component parts and layout of a worksite.
- Setting up and worksite rules.
- Authorised sign use.
- Temporary traffic management equipment.
- Manual traffic control.
- Pedestrians and cyclists.
- Static operations.
- Mobile and semi static maintenance/inspection operations.
- Night time protection.
- Low volume roads.
- Implications of local roads supplement.
NZQA UNIT STANDARD
Demonstrate knowledge of working safely at sites under temporary traffic management
Additional unit standards available on request (TBA on booking, evidence required)
Operate as a Traffic Controller (TC) for low volume and Level 1 roads
Assist with temporary traffic management for low volume and Level 1 roads