Basic Traffic Controller (Level 1)
Price (Per Person): $320 + GST
Company Booking: $2,900 + GST
This one day course promotes safe working practices, standards and operating procedures at roadwork sites.
Appropriately trained and qualified staff must be available to carry out temporary traffic management duties in compliance with the NZTA COP/TTM and Local Roads supplement on all worksites.
- Responsibilities for traffic management on site.
- Personal protective equipment.
- Protected work areas and safety zones.
- Static site and mobile site safe practices.
- Hazards, near misses, crashes, and incident reporting.
- Overhead clearances and underslung loads.
- Site entry and exit procedures.
- Moving and parking plant.
- Identify powers and authorities in relation to a TTM situation.
- Establish, maintain and removed traffic control equipment.
- Supervising manual traffic control process.
- Manual traffic control
NZQA UNIT STANDARD
Demonstrate knowledge of working safely at sites under temporary traffic management