Confined Space and Gas Testing
Price (Per Person): $535 + GST
Company Price: $4800 + GST
Refresher Price (Per Person): $290 + GST
Refresher Company Price: $2500 +GST
The aim of this course is to enable a trainee to identify hazards and controls within confined spaces; develop an emergency procedure plan; and complete the necessary documentation required for a confined space entry.
At the successful completion of the course the candidate will be able to:
- Identify required legal documents covering confined space entry.
- Provide examples of confined spaces, listed and categorised.
- Identify the main hazards of confined spaces are identified in terms of their potential for serious harm.
- Identify control measures to eliminate or minimise the confined space risks.
- Conduct confined space entries (various scenarios).
- Conduct confined space rescues (various scenarios).
- Develop an emergency procedure plan.
- Operate an atmospheric testing device to determine a suitable atmosphere exists to work safely.
Requirement to demonstrate a level of written and spoken English to do this: Equivalent to Level 1 English communication skills.
Competency in US 17599 requires trainees to demonstrate a level of written and spoken English to be able to read and interpret Permits to Work and any supporting documents for a Confined Space entry, and report clearly within these documents.
Those qualified with unit 17599 will be able to work unsupervised as well as supervise and manage a group or team.
US 3058 must be conducted in an appropriate workplace.
- Pre-Learn required for unit standard 19207
NZQA Unit Standard
Plan a confined space entry
Demonstrate knowledge of hazards associated with confined spaces
Operate an atmospheric testing device to determine a suitable atmosphere exists to work safely
OPTIONAL UNIT STANDARD
Perform gas tests for an energy and chemical plant (can only be assessed on client site). Note - Pre-Learn required for US 3058 & Must be assessed at an energy of chemical site
Enter, work in, and exit a confined space in the water industry
Note - Pre-Learn required for US 19207 & requires evidence of at least one entry "performed on-job under real workplace conditions"
NUMBERS MINIMUM 8 MAXIMUM 10