Confined Space Hazards
Price (Per Person): $290 + GST
Company Price: $2500 + GST
The aim of this course is to enable a trainee to identify hazards and controls within confined spaces; develop an emergency procedure plan; and complete the necessary documentation required for a confined space entry.
At the successful completion of the course the trainee will be able to:
- Identify required legal documents covering confined space entry
- Provide examples of confined spaces, listed and categorised
- Identify and implement control measures to eliminate, isolate, and minimise the risk of confined space hazards
- Demonstrate knowledge of monitoring and confined space testing requirements
- Describe how hazards of confined spaces are identified in terms of their potential for serious harm
- Describe the responsibilities and duties of people entering confined spaces, or conducting observation duties for confined spaces
- Develop an emergency procedure plan.
Note: Those qualified with unit 18426 (Confined Space Hazards) MUST be in direct supervision by someone qualified with unit 17599 (2 day Confined Space) at all times.
NZQA Unit Standard
Demonstrate knowledge of hazards associated with confined spaces