Price (Per Person): $135 + GST
The ConstructSafe scheme aims to raise the bar on health and safety competence in the New Zealand construction industry by establishing a minimum standard. The vision is to apply the standard across multi‐disciplines including trades occupations, supervisors, managers and professionals.
The scheme was created by industry, for industry. ConstructSafe is owned by the Construction Health and Safety New Zealand (CHASNZ), which is made up of a cross section of clients, industry bodies, major contractors and regulators. The ConstructSafe test is completed on a computer under examination conditions and can be completed on-site (subject to applicant numbers and WIFI speed) or at VHNZ Testing Centers across New Zealand.
Applicants can select from five subjects relating to their employment:
- Health and Safety foundation test – Basic safety for anyone on a construction site.
- Trades – specific requirements for trade health and safety skills
- Supervisor – people who have direct influence and responsibility over others working on site.
- Management – people with management level responsibility in construction.
- Professionals – safety professionals, architects, engineers, designers, etc.
Applicants are encouraged to pre-register with ConstructSafe by visiting www.constructsafe.kiwi
Pre-registration is free and will speed up the test centre process.
On successful completion of a ConstructSafe test the Applicant will receive a ConstructSafe card.
A ConstructSafe card verifies the individual’s identity and shows employers and clients that they have the required competency to carry out their work safely on a construction site.