COVID-19 Alert Level 2
13 May 2020
Reducing the risk of community transmission.
The disease is contained, but the risk of community transmission remains.
Covid-19 Alert Level 2
How Vertical Horizonz New Zealand (VHNZ) will operate.
- Transmission could be occurring.
- There may still be single or isolated cluster outbreaks.
Range of measures VHNZ will apply nationally
COVID-19 Alert Level 2 control measures shall include:
- Strict adherence to Government guidelines issued by the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Education and WorkSafe New Zealand.
- Physical distancing of two metres from people when out in public is recommended.
- Physical distancing of one metre in controlled environments like offices or classrooms, with control measures, such as contact tracing, personal hygiene, surface cleaning in place.
- Close contact courses like First Aid, confined space entry, are allowed, subject to conditions on gatherings, contact tracing, and – where practical – physical distancing.
- Group sizes will be reduced, and our classroom and work area layouts reconfigured to allow for physical distancing protocols.
- As we are working within an educational environment, we are not constrained by the maximum group size of 10 people.
- COVID-19 signage, information and contact tracing procedures are in place at all of our offices and centres, along with facilities for personal hygiene, including hand washing, hand sanitisers and surface cleaning.
- All touch-points and common surfaces are to be cleaned at two-hourly intervals during the working day, with additional contract cleaning taking place during out of work hours.
- We are supporting our ‘at risk people’ by managing their return to work to minimise the risk of infection from COVID-19.
COVID-19 Operational Procedures, including plans for managing people with suspected COVID-19 symptoms, have been prepared and communicated to all employees. Copies are available for those who may be affected by our work activities, including our clients, contractors and suppliers.
VHNZ Site Operating Instructions
COVID-19 Alert Level 2
If you are unwell or believe you may have been in contact with any person having COVID-19 stay at home - Do not enter the site.
Wash your hands before entering this site.
Sign IN – Comply with our contact tracing requirements.
Toolbox talk – Acknowledge hazards/ risks, and maintain physical distancing – keep 1 metre apart.
Site hygiene – wash hands & wipe clean surfaces regularly.
Sign OUT – Comply with contact tracing requirements
If you are unwell or believe you may have been in contact wit6h any person having COVID-19 report this to the Site Supervisor - go home and do not return to site.
VHNZ recognises that we must work together to ensure the health, safety and well-being of everyone in our community. We are committed to working alongside the Government to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
To find out more about our training options during this time, please contact us on 0800 72 33 848 or visit: www.verticalhorizonz.co.nz
For information on what COVID-19 is, what the symptoms are, and how it spreads, visit www.covid19.govt.nz