Drivers Licence (Class 2)
Price (Per Person): $710 + GST
The purpose of this course is to produce a Class 2 vehicle operator that will have the knowledge, skills and attributes for all essential areas of the units of competency covered in the Class 2 vehicle course undertaken, enabling the individual to drive effectively and safely. The trainee will also be able to demonstrate the appropriate responsibilities of a driver of a Class 2 vehicle with emphasis on accident prevention and driver responsibility.
People credited with this unit standard are able to:
- Identify driving hazards associated with a rigid vehicle and describe measures to reduce the risks associated with the identified hazards
- Describe requirements relating to safe loading of a rigid vehicle and driving techniques that minimise the adverse effects of a high centre of gravity
- Carry out a pre-use walk-around inspection of a rigid vehicle
- Drive a rigid vehicle efficiently in different traffic and road conditions
- Manoeuvre a rigid vehicle in reverse; park, shut dow17574n, and secure a rigid vehicle
- Complete driver logbook entries.
Unit standard: 24089 - Demonstrate knowledge of fatigue management, work time, and driver logbook requirements.
Note: Candidates must hold a minimum of a New Zealand Class 2L driver licence and comply with legislative and NZ Transport Agency (NZTA) approved driver
*must be included for all heavy trade licences unless you have qualified on this unit standard within a 12 month period. It is also the prerequisite for unit 17574
NZQA UNIT STANDARD
Operate a rigid vehicle to meet the requirements for a full Class 2 driver licence