Drivers Licence (Class 5)
Price (Per Person): $750 + GST
Company Price: Please contact your Vertical Horizonz representative on 0800 72 33 848
The aim of this course is to produce a Class 5 vehicle operator that will have the knowledge, skills and attributes for all essential areas of the units of competency covered in the Class 5 vehicle course undertaken, enabling the individual to drive effectively and safely. The trainee will also be able to demonstrate the appropriate responsibilities of a driver of a Class 5 vehicle with emphasis on accident prevention and driver responsibility.
People credited with this unit standard are able to:
- Describe night driving hazards
- Describe requirements relating to safe loading of a combination vehicle and driving techniques that minimise the adverse effects of a high centre of gravity
- Connect a trailer to the prime mover
- Carry out a pre-use walk-around inspection of a combination vehicle
- Drive a combination vehicle efficiently in different traffic and road conditions
- Manoeuvre a combination vehicle in reverse
- Park, shut down, and secure separately the trailer and prime mover of a combination vehicle
- Complete driver logbook entries.
To obtain the Class 5 learners licence the individual must have held a Class 4 full licence for a period of six months prior or for at least three months, if aged 25 or over. They will then need to provide a current medical certificate and pass a 35 question theory test at a local AA or Licencing Establishment.
The course requires a level of fitness to demonstrate competency for the skill being trained.
Unit standard: 24089
Demonstrate knowledge of fatigue management, work time, and driver logbook requirements.
- Must hold learner licence for each class, as well as comply with legislative and NZ Transport Agency (NZTA) approved driver licensing course requirements.
NZQA UNIT STANDARD
Operate a combination vehicle to meet the requirements for a full Class 5 driver licence