Price (Per Person): $370 + GST
Company Booking: $2,400 + GST
This course is for people working or intending to work in the primary sector (rural or horticulture). It enables the trainee to ride a motorcycle (farm bike) effectively and safely over varied terrain under supervision in a primary industry context. The trainee will be able to operate a motorcycle with mounted equipment or a load.
Note: A driver’s licence is not required if 100% of use is on a private property with no public access. Where public land is to be accessed the correct licence and vehicle registration is required.
On completion of this micro-credential, you will be able to:
- Prepare to ride a motorcycle on flat terrain.
- Ride a motorcycle on flat terrain.
- Operate a motorcycle on rolling terrain under limited supervision.
- Ride a motorcycle with mounted equipment or a load.
- Demonstrate knowledge of safe operation of a motorcycle.
- Demonstrate knowledge of motorcycle riding contingency procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the safe operation of a motorcycle with a mounted load.
Who Should attend
This qualification is intended for people using motorcycles (farm bikes) in their farm or horticulture workplace.
To be eligible to enrol in full-time or part-time study for this programme, applicants must:
- Be over 16 years of age.
- Be working in a primary industry related workplace.
- Have access to motorcycle (built for off-road with knobbly tyres, gears and two wheels) and suitable private land.
- Be physically fit and able to demonstrate physical competency for the skill being trained.
NZQA Unit Standard
|Unit Standard||Unit Description||NZQA Credits||Level|
|19053||Operate a motorcycle on flat terrain in the workplace under close supervision||3||2|
|19054||Operate a motorcycle on rolling terrain under limited supervision||3||3|
|19055||Operate a motorcyle with mounted equipment or a load under limited supervision||3||3|
|24555||Demonstrate knowledge of the safe operation of a motorcycle||4||2|
Our Teaching Method
Our trainers are all experienced practical people. They speak everyday workplace language and have a wealth of real-life examples to share with our students. Students are encouraged to ‘have a go’ in a supportive, safe environment.
NZQA UNIT STANDARD
Operate a motorcycle on flat terrain in the workplace under close supervision
Operate a motorcycle on rolling terrain under limited supervision
Operate a motorcycle with mounted equipment or a load under limited supervision
Demonstrate knowledge of the safe operation of a motorcycle