Fire Safety and Warden
Price (Per Person): $305 + GST
Company Price: $2400 + GST
At the successful completion of the course the trainee will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the fire classes and fire suppression techniques, select and implement a strategy to deal with fire and demonstrate knowledge of evacuation requirements for a particular workplace or site, and explain the duties of a Fire and Emergency Warden.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fire classes and fire suppression techniques
- Select and implement a strategy to deal with fire.
- Explain the use of fire blankets and their limitations.
- Apply safety actions when dealing with a fire.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Fire and Emergency Warden duties in the workplace.
- Demonstrate knowledge of evacuation requirements for a particular workplace or site.
- Explain the duties of a Fire and Emergency Warden.
ppe & Dress
- Your staff will be required to be dressed in long pants and long sleeved tops.
- No polyester fabrics, fully covered footwear, cotton material preferred.
- VHNZ will provide fire retardant gloves and full face shield.
- Long hair to be tied up
NZQA UNIT STANDARD
Suppress fire with hand extinguishers and fixed hose reels (practical)
Explain principles of fire science
Demonstrate knowledge of fire and emergency warden duties in the workplace (theory)