First Aid - Level 1
Price (Per Person): $165 + GST
Company Booking: $1850 + GST
Refresher Price (Per Person): $135 + GST
Refresher Company Booking: $1550 + GST
The aim of this course is to train a person to be capable of providing immediate first aid in an emergency situation in order to preserve life, promote recovery and prevent the casualty’s condition from worsening. We suggest this basic course to those who already have industry safety rescue components built into other training.
The course contains theory and practical assessments covering the following topics:
- Overview of HSW Act regulations relating to accidents in the workplace
- Approaching an accident scene – hazard management
- Primary assessment – workplace specific
- CPR - adult / child / infant
- Choking - adult / child / infant
- AED operation
- Soft tissue injuries – sprains and strains.
- Shock and the recovery position
- External & internal bleeding
- Burns and scalds
- Fractures and dislocations.
- Breathing difficulties
- Heart conditions
- Stroke and seizures
- Allergies and anaphylaxis.
For NZQA Unit Standard 6401: 6402 - Provide basic life support.
NZQA UNIT STANDARD
Provide basic first aid
Provide basic life support
NUMBERS MINIMUM 10 MAXIMUM 15