First Aid - Level 2
Price (Per Person): $225 + GST
Company Booking: $2650 + GST
Refresher Price (Per Person): $135 + GST
Refresher Company Booking: $1550 + GST
The aim of this course is to train a person to be capable of managing an emergency situation and providing immediate first aid.
The aim of this course is to cover managing challenging emergency situations and providing immediate first aid in order to preserve life, promote recovery and prevent the casualty’s condition from worsening.
This is a comprehensive scenario based course that is tailored to workplace situations. It is recommended that this course is conducted onsite to create contextualized first aid scenarios.
The course contains theory and practical assessments covering the following topics:
- Overview of HSE regulations relating to accidents in the workplace.
- Scene assessment and management
- Primary assessment.
- CPR - adult/child/infant.
- AED use and practice.
- Choking - adult/child/ infant – conscious and unconscious.
- Shock and the recovery position.
- External and internal bleeding.
- Basic wound care.
- Burns and scalds.
- Fractures and dislocations.
- Head, neck & spinal injuries.
- Soft tissue injuries – sprains and strains.
- Thermal conditions – hypothermia & hyperthermia.
- Breathing difficulties.
- Dealing with asthma casualties.
- Dealing with heart attack casualties.
- Heart conditions.
- Neurological - stroke and seizures.
- Allergies and anaphylactic shock.
Pre-requisite for 6400: 6401 - Provide first aid
Pre-requisite for 6401: 6402 - Provide basic life support
Refresher - Entry Criteria
A first aid certificate less than 2 years old, issues by an NZQA accredited provider. The certificate must be presented on the day of the course.
NZQA UNIT STANDARD
Manage first aid in an emergency situation
Provide basic first aid
Provide basic life support
NUMBERS MINIMUM 10 MAXIMUM 15