First Aid (Level 2)
First Aid Level 2 - BLENDED Course (including online Pre-Learn)
Price (Per Person): $225 + GST
Company Booking: $2,650 + GST
Refresher Price (Per Person): $135 + GST
Refresher Company Booking: $1,550 + GST
First Aid Level 2 - Full Face to Face Course: Please contact your Vertical Horizonz representative on 0800 72 33 848
In order to meet NZQA time requirements for these Unit Standards, candidates MUST complete the online pre-learning course and quiz prior to attendance at the practical course.
If the pre-learning is not completed, Candidates must complete the full 12 hours required by NZQA, or may be required to attend another day after completion of the pre-learning (Applies to NZQA unit Standards only).
The aim of this course is to cover managing challenging emergency situations and providing immediate first aid in order to preserve life, promote recovery and prevent the casualty’s condition from worsening.
This is a comprehensive scenario based course that is tailored to workplace situations. It is recommended that this course is conducted onsite to create contextualized first aid scenarios.
The course contains theory and practical assessments covering the following topics:
- Overview of HSE regulations relating to accidents in the workplace
- Scene assessment and management
- Primary assessment
- CPR - adult/child/infant
- AED use and practice
- Choking - adult/child/ infant – conscious and unconscious
- Shock and the recovery position.
- External and internal bleeding
- Basic wound care
- Burns and scalds
- Fractures and dislocations
- Head, neck & spinal injuries
- Soft tissue injuries – sprains and strains
- Thermal conditions – hypothermia & hyperthermia.
- Breathing difficulties
- Dealing with asthma casualties
- Dealing with heart attack casualties
- Heart conditions
- Neurological - stroke and seizures
- Allergies and anaphylactic shock
Refresher - Entry Criteria
A first aid certificate less than 2 years old, issued by an NZQA accredited provider. The certificate must be presented on the day of the course.
NZQA UNIT STANDARD
Provide basic life support
Provide basic first aid
Manage first aid in an emergency situation
NUMBERS MINIMUM 10 MAXIMUM 15