Growsafe Standard Certificate
Price (Per Person): $450 + GST
Company Booking: $3700 + GST
This course is for agrichemical users working independently (ie with little or no supervision) with responsibility for a single site/property, and may have responsibility for managing or supervising others. You are likely to be operating in a known set of circumstances, eg one location, crop and/or equipment type (or operating under the supervision of someone with GROWSAFE Advanced or RCA certification).
Who Should attend
Agrichemical users working independently (ie with little or no supervision) with responsibility for a single site/property, and may have responsibility for managing or supervising others. The course tutors will assume all trainees have a basic level of knowledge of agrichemicals and their use so they can focus on new, higher level content.
- trained to apply agrichemicals in a safe, responsible and effective way with minimal adverse impact on human, environmental and animal health
- aware of the regulatory and market requirements relating to agrichemical use
- aware of your obligations under the various legislations that impact on the use of agrichemicals in New Zealand.
The GROWSAFE Standard certificate will be awarded on successful completion of both written and practical assessments. The practical assessment requires the following:
- copy of an inventory for your workplace; and
- provision of eight completed spray diaries covering eight independent spray events (ie different date, place or agrichemical) with sign-off from an independent third party eg manager.
Alternatively, in place of the spray diaries, the following evidence will be acceptable:
- a practical demonstration of skill in a real or simulated workplace using real agrichemicals
- interview of candidate by the assessor/tutor
- interview of candidate's supervisor/employer.
GROWSAFE Basic Certificate
OR equivalent knowledge, plus one season's spraying experience.
NZQA Unit Standards
Demonstrate understanding of the legislation, regulations and standards for the use of agrichemicals.
Prepare to apply, and apply, agrichemicals using hand held equipment.