Health and Safety Representative
Price (Per Person): $290 + GST
The purpose of this standard is for representatives to explain and demonstrate the overall role and functions of a Health and Safety Representative in a New Zealand workplace.
This course is designed for people with previous skills and knowledge relating to Health and Safety.
Applicants must be actively using a health and safety system and be able to provide evidence of understanding and applying the risk management process.
Applicants who do not have Health and Safety related knowledge should complete the “Workplace Health and Safety” prior to attempting this course.
- Explain the role and functions of the Health and Safety Representative under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and its Regulations;
- Explain the role of a Health and Safety Representative as an advocate for workers;
- Identify the obligations of a PCBU and WorkSafe New Zealand towards the Health and Safety Representative;
- Describe the risk management process and the importance of communicating with workers and management;
- Describe and demonstrate the powers and obligations that a health and safety representative has in terms of issuing a provisional improvement notice (PIN) and how and when to direct a worker to cease unsafe work.
NZQA UNIT STANDARD
Describe the role and functions of the Health and Safety Representative in a New Zealand workplace