Introduction to Load Slinging and Overhead Crane - Pendant Controlled
Price (Per Person): $550 + GST
Company Booking: $2,700 + GST
This course combines unit standards 30072 and 3800 and recognises the work experience of people with experience in a gantry cranes environment. The aim is to ensure that a crane operator has the knowledge, skills and attributes to operate an overhead crane
effectively with an emphasis on accident prevention.
On completion of this e-learning course trainees will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of hazards, hazard control, and lift planning
- Demonstrate knowledge of lifting gear and working load limit (WLL) tables
- Demonstrate the process for preparing and slinging regular loads safely
- Demonstrate knowledge of using a radio remote or pendant controlled gantry crane
- Demonstrate knowledge of radio remote or pendant controlled gantry crane components, equipment, and attachments
- Sling, lift, travel, and unload or place regular loads using a radio remote or pendant controlled gantry crane
- Park radio remote or pendant controlled gantry crane and store equipment
- Carry out daily and weekly operator maintenance of a radio remote or pendant controlled gantry crane.
Trainees should have at least three months experience working in a crane workplace before attending this course.
Trainees may attend this course without this experience but may be required to work for three months in a crane workplace before being awarded unit standard 3800.
Our Teaching Method
The course will be divided into two sections, theory and practical:
Theory may be taught face-to-face in a classroom or via e-learning or a combination of both.
Note: Assessment must be carried out in a crane workplace using a suitable crane.
NZQA Unit Standard
Demonstrate and apply knowledge of slinging regular loads safely
Use a radio remote or pendant controlled gantry crane to lift and place regular loads