Introduction to Load Slinging - BLENDED
Price (Per Person): $150 + GST
People who attend this course are able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of slinging regular loads safely.
All tasks must be carried out in accordance with the equipment manufacturer requirements, applicable company procedures, and industry good practice.
Note that the Assessment must be carried out in a crane workplace or equivalent.
At the successful completion of the course the trainee will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of hazards, hazard control, and lift planning
- Demonstrate knowledge of lifting gear and working load limit (WLL) tables
- Prepare for, and sling regular loads safely.
Our teaching method
Blended delivery via e-learning and a short practical assessment supported by an experienced trainer. Following completion of the e-learning course trainees must complete a practical assessment.
Unit 30072 is a pre-requisite for the following Units and Courses:
- Unit 3789 (Course - Load Slinging and Communication)
- Unit 3800 (Course - Overhead Crane :Pendant Controlled)
- Unit: 16617 (Course - Truck Loader Crane).
NZQA Unit Standard
Demonstrate and apply knowledge of slinging regular loads safely.