Price (Per Person): $280 + GST
Company Booking: $2400 + GST
At the successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Describe the structure and function of the spine.
- Identify the risk factors for occupational back injury.
- Identify back care techniques.
- Identify work place control measures to reduce the risk of back injury.
- Describe what is meant by Discomfort, Pain and Injury (DPI).
- Outline the groups of contributory factors and how they combine to result in DPI.
- Describe the contributory factors individuals and workplaces need to consider when preventing and managing DPI.
- Outline measures used to manage the risks to staff experiencing DPI.
NZQA UNIT STANDARD
Demonstrate knowledge of the prevention and management of Discomfort, Pain and Injury (DPI) in the workplace (approx. 6 hours stand alone)
Identify the causes of back injury and methods to prevent back injuries in the workplace (approx.. 4 hours stand alone)