Marae Health and Safety
Trainees will conduct and complete a series of Marae Health & Safety activities.
The programme allows marae members the opportunity to identify and discuss key areas of the health & safety plan; Conduct group activities specific to the marae health & safety plan; Review and update current plan.
- Identify risks and confirm control measures;
- Access from main road, Carparking, Hangi pit, Waterways, Kitchen.
- Conduct practical evacuation activities;
- Marae, Wharenui, Wharekai, Kohanga Reo, Papakainga.
- Access & Egress;
- Conduct Emergency evacuation;
- Fire Safety;
- Fire warden, practical application of fire extinguishers.
- Review update current Marae Health & Safety plan
All enquires to be inclusive of the following:
- Full contact details, email address and phone number
- Name of Marae
- Copy of current Marae Health & Safety Plan
Individuals are then contacted and a meeting will be conducted to assist with completing a TPK funding form request.
Once approved, training programme dates will be confirmed.
- Vertical Horizonz issue certificate provided by the Iwi acknowledging hapu members who attended the programme.
- A certificate will be issued with a letter of attendance for the trainees.
Meals and Accommodation
The Marae will provide meals and accommodation during the programme for all hapu members and the two trainers.
This course is non Unit Standard based and is designed for all hapu members of a marae.
This training can be conducted in the weekends.
The programme will be delivered over a two day noho marae based wanaanga.
Day 1: 8:00am - 9:00pm,
Day 2: 7:00am – 12:00noon
PO Box 15-030, Tauranga 3144
MARAE BASED PROGRAMME