Marae Health and Safety
Price (Per Person): On Application. Please contact your Vertical Horizonz representative on 0800 72 33 848
Trainees will conduct and complete a series of Marae Health & Safety activities.
The programme allows mārae members the opportunity to identify and discuss key areas of the health & safety plan; Conduct group activities specific to the mārae health & safety plan; Review and update current plan.
Potential for future programmes, tailored to suit your marae, can be discussed throughout the course.
- Identify risks and confirm control measures
- Access from main road, Carparking, Hangi pit, Waterways, Kitchen
- Conduct practical evacuation activities
- Marae, Wharenui, Wharekai, Kohanga Reo, Papakainga
- Access & Egress
- Conduct Emergency evacuation
- Fire Safety
- Fire warden, practical application of fire extinguishers
- Review update current Marae Health & Safety plan.
Meals and Accommodation
The Marae will provide meals and accommodation during the programme for all hapu members and the two trainers.
All enquires to be inclusive of the following:
- Full contact details, email address and phone number
- Name of Marae
- Copy of current Marae Health & Safety Plan.
Individuals are then contacted and a meeting will be conducted to assist with completing a TPK funding form request.
Once approved, training programme dates will be confirmed.
- Vertical Horizonz issue certificate provided by the Iwi acknowledging hapu members who attended the programme
- A certificate will be issued with a letter of attendance for the trainees.
This course is non Unit Standard based and is designed for all hapu members of a marae.
This training can be conducted in the weekends.
The programme will be delivered over a two day noho marae based wanaanga.
- Day 1: 8:00am - 9:00pm
- Day 2: 7:00am – 12:00noon
PO Box 15-030, Tauranga 3144
MARAE BASED PROGRAMME