This programme is designed to inform workers in the construction industry of the uses of asbestos uses and its health hazard, and describe the range of safety procedures to follow when asbestos is found to be present.
After successfully completing this course trainees will be able to:
- Describe asbestos and its uses in the building industry.
- Identify common asbestos products used in the building industry.
- Describe the health hazards of common asbestos products.
- Identify relevant legislation, codes of practice, and guidelines used to help manage the health hazards of asbestos.
- Describe safety procedures to follow when asbestos is identified in the building industry including its reporting and isolation.
- Describe the requirements to remove and dispose of asbestos.
NZQA Unit Standard
Demonstrate knowledge of asbestos and safety procedures