NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
The NEBOSH Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety covers the principles of process safety management in the oil and gas industries. The syllabus takes a risk management approach based on best practice and international industry standards.
1. Health, Safety and Environmental Management
- Purpose of and procedures for investigating incidents and how the lessons learnt can be used to improve health and safety in the oil and gas industries
- Hazards inherent in oil and gas arising from the extraction, storage, and processing of raw materials and products
- Risk management techniques used in the oil and gas industries
- Safety cases and safety reports in the oil and gas industries.
2. Hydrocarbon Process Safety 1
- Principles of assessing and managing contractors
- Tools, standards, measurement, competency requirements and controls applicable to Process Safety Management (PSM) in the oil and gas industries
- Role and purpose of a permit-to-work system
- Safe shift handover
- Safe plant operation and maintenance of hydrocarbon containing equipment and processes
- Safe start up and shut down of hydrocarbon containing equipment and processes.
3. Hydrocarbon Process Safety 2
- Types of failure modes that may lead to loss of containment from hydrocarbon
- Controls available to maintain safety critical equipment
- Safe containment of hydrocarbons offshore and onshore
- Fire hazards, risks and controls relating to hydrocarbons
- Operation of boilers and furnaces.
4. Fire protection and Emergency Response
- Control measures to minimise the effects of fire and explosion in the oil and gas industries
- Effective emergency response.
5. Logistics and Transport Operations
- Marine transport in the oil and gas industries
- Land transport in the oil and gas industries.
Course fee includes top class venue and trainer, comprehensive course material, lunch, refreshments, NEBOSH certificate and examination fees