New Zealand Certificate in Industrial Rope Access (Level 3)
Price (Per Person): $2,950 + GST
Company Price: Please contact your Vertical Horizonz representative on 0800 72 33 848
The New Zealand Certificate in Industrial Rope Access (Level 3) is to provide the industrial rope access sector with people who have attained basic on-rope vertical skills using constructed anchors.
The qualification is an entry point for people who aim to work in industrial rope access roles such as rope access technicians, electricians with rope access, and industrial abseilers.
On completion of the training, graduates will be able to:
- Prepare rope access equipment for work, and report equipment faults
- Set up and dismantle basic industrial rope access systems and carry out elementary on-rope skills
- Comprehend and act on instructions, and communicate within a team when setting up industrial rope access systems; and complete basic workplace documentation
- Identify and adhere to health and safety requirements when using ropes and associated equipment to gain access to and from, and be suspended at, work sites
- Maintain personal safety while working at heights including the set up and use fall arrest systems
- Carry out recovery.
|Unit Standard||Unit Description||Level||Credit|
|23229||Use safety harness system when working at height||3||4|
|15757||Use, install and disestablish temporary proprietary height safety systems when working at height||3||4|
|19522||Undertake job safety analysis||3||3|
|19358||Describe legislative requirements for the industrial rope access industry||3||3|
|19359||Inspect and maintain height safety equipment||3||3|
|19360||Plan and prepare for basic industrial rope access work||3||3|
|30266||Demonstrate knowledge of workplace health and safety culture and practices||3||6|
|19361||Set up and dismantle basic industrial rope access systems||3||14|
|19362||Carry out elemental on-rope skills||3||14|
|19363||Carry out simple patient recovery by rope techniques||3||15|
This programme is delivered on behalf of The Skills Organisation (Skills), and trainees will be enrolled with Skills. All credit reporting (trainee results) will be reported by VHNZ to NZQA. On completion of the programme, Skills will issue trainees with the New Zealand Certificate in Industrial Rope Access (Level 3). VHNZ will facilitate the enrollment process of all trainees with Skills.
The following training pathway is followed:
Between Phase 1 and Phase 2 Trainees are required to complete at least 130 hours logged rope access work.
Phase 2 includes a “capstone assessment” to assess current competence.
Who should attend
People who are completing access work including inspection and testing, maintenance and repair, cleaning and painting, geotechnical and construction.
- Be in employment and engaging with rope work related to the scope of the programme
- Be physically able to demonstrate competency (climb and lift weights)
- Weigh less than 135 Kilograms (maximum weight for a harness)
- Hold unit standards 6400, 6401 and 6402 First Aid
- Able to complete the work experience requirement
- Have an appropriate level of literacy and numeracy.
To be eligable for this course trainees must hold NZ OR Australian Citizenship.
6-10 Months, with a total of 690 learning hours.