New Zealand Certificate in Industrial Rope Access (Level 4)
Price (Per Person): $2,950 + GST
Company Price: Please contact your Vertical Horizonz representative on 0800 72 33 848
The New Zealand Certificate in Industrial Rope Access (Level 4) is to provide the industrial rope access sector with people who have attained intermediate level skills to perform industrial rope access work. Graduates of this qualification will be able to lead industrial rope access jobs independently.
Rope access refers to safe methods of working at height where ropes and associated equipment are used to gain access to and from the workplace, and to be supported there. It includes inspection and testing, maintenance and repair, cleaning and painting, geotechnical and construction.
The qualification is aligned to the Industrial Rope Access Association of New Zealand (IRAANZ) Certificate of Competency for Level 4 Rope Access Operators.
On completion of the training, graduates will be able to:
- Apply the current health and safety legislation and the Industrial Rope Access in New Zealand: Best Practice Guidelines (May 2012) to work on industrial rope access systems
- Plan, prepare for, communicate instructions, document and lead industrial rope access jobs
- Install and construct anchors and use improvised anchors for industrial rope access work
- Identify and adhere to health and safety requirements when using ropes and associated equipment to gain access to and from, and be suspended at, work sites
- Perform light hauling operations using rope access systems
- Perform lead and aid climbing using rope access systems
- Perform technical rescue techniques for industrial rope access work.
|Unit Standard||Unit Description||Level||Credits|
|19364||Identify and apply industrial rope access legislation and standards||4||8|
|19366||Plan and prepare for advanced industrial rope access work||4||15|
|19367||Set up, alter and dismantle industrial rope access systems||4||15|
|19368||Operate advanced industrial rope access systems||4||15|
|19369||Carry out advanced patient recovery techniques using industrial rope
|31854||Set up and operate rope access haulage systems||4||5|
This programme is delivered on behalf of The Skills Organisation (Skills), and trainees will be enrolledwith Skills. All credit reporting (trainee results) will be reported by VHNZ to NZQA. On completion of the programme, Skills will issue trainees with the New Zealand Certificate in Industrial Rope Access (Level 4).
VHNZ will facilitate the enrollment process of all trainees with Skills.
Who should attend
This qualification builds on the New Zealand Certificate in Industrial Rope Access (Level 3) and is the second step in the New Zealand industrial rope access qualification pathway.
- Trainees must be in employment and engaging with work related to the scope of the programme.
- The employer and trainee, in conjunction with The Skills Organisation, must complete a training agreement.
- Trainees must have completed the prerequisite qualification, the New Zealand Certificate in Industrial Rope Access (Level 3) [Ref: 2358] or provide evidence of equivalent knowledge and skills.
- Trainees must also hold a current comprehensive workplace first aid certificate.
To be eligable for this course trainees must:
- Be a NZ or Australian Citizen or resident.
- Hold a work visa that has a longer duration than the end of the programme.
Duration 12 Months, with a total of 780 learning hours.