Non-slewing Articulated Crane
Company Booking: $2,400 + GST
People credited with this unit standard are able to configure a non-slewing articulated crane, lift and place regular loads, and complete associated documentation.
Note that the Assessment must be carried out in a crane workplace or equivalent.
Telehandlers cannot be used for assessment against this unit standard.
At the successful completion of the course the trainee will be able to:
- Mobilise, position and configure a non-slewing articulated crane.
- Lift and place regular loads.
- Travel the crane with a load on the hook.
- Complete documentation for lifting and placing regular loads and to travel the crane with a load on the hook.
- Prepare a non-slewing articulated crane for road travel mode, and complete documentation.
It is recommended that trainees have at least three months experience working in a crane workplace before attending the course. Trainees may attend the course without this experience but may be required to work for three months in a crane workplace before being awarded the unit standard.
3789 - Sling varied regular loads and safely direct a crane during crane operations:
or demonstrate equivalent knowledge and skills.
VHNZ can provide training for US 3789. To organise, please contact a VHNZ representative.
NZQA UNIT STANDARD
Configure a non-slewing articulated crane, and lift and place regular loads
NUMBERS MINIMUM 4 MAXIMUM 6