Non-slewing Articulated Crane
Book Price (Per Person): Please contact your Vertical Horizonz representative on 0800 7233 848.
People credited with this unit standard are able to configure a non-slewing articulated crane, lift and place regular loads, and complete associated documentation.
Note that the Assessment must be carried out in a crane workplace or equivalent.
Telehandlers cannot be used for assessment against this unit standard.
At the successful completion of the course the trainee will be able to:
- Mobilise, position and configure a non-slewing articulated crane.
- Lift and place regular loads.
- Travel the crane with a load on the hook.
- Complete documentation for lifting and placing regular loads and to travel the crane with a load on the hook.
- Prepare a non-slewing articulated crane for road travel mode, and complete documentation.
The course requires a level of fitness to demonstrate competency for the skill being trained.
3789 - Sling varied regular loads and safely direct a crane during crane operations:
or demonstrate equivalent knowledge and skills.
VHNZ can provide training for US 3789. To organise, please contact a VHNZ representative.
NZQA UNIT STANDARD
Configure a non-slewing articulated crane, and lift and place regular loads
NUMBERS MINIMUM 4 MAXIMUM 6