On Road Defensive Driving
Price (Per Person): $400 + GST
Company Booking: $2,400 + GST
The aim of this course is to enable candidates to describe: driving hazards; risk reduction techniques for dealing with driving hazards; and the use of crash reduction strategies while driving.
The theory component of the course will be complimented with a practical drive, making use of the skills learnt.
- Driving hazards in terms of crash risks
- Risk reduction techniques for dealing with driving hazards
- The use of crash risk reduction strategies while driving
- Understanding situational awareness
- Identifying driver distractions and their effect on situational awareness
- Understanding the impact of lapses in driver concentration or attention
- Time and space management, in terms of how they reduce the level of crash risk
- The observation of the road code and road rules by other road users, in terms of impact on driving and crash risk.
Practical session comprises a continuous drive of at least 40 minutes, across a range of roads and speed limits, applying risk reduction techniques and strategies. The drive is completed one to one with an assessor.
Trainees must hold a minimum of the class of licence required for the vehicle being driven and comply with the requirements of the Land Transport (Driver Licensing) Rule 1999 and the Land Transport (Driver Licensing) Amendment Rule 2006.
The course requires a level of fitness to demonstrate competency for the skill being trained.
NZQA UNIT STANDARD
One Day Programme
Describe driving hazards and risk reduction strategies and responses to driving hazards
Apply risk reduction techniques and strategies while driving.