Operate Breathing Apparatus in a General Emergency
Price (Per Person): $365 + GST
Company Booking: $2,500 + GST
This unit standard is for fire and rescue personnel in situations requiring the use of self-contained breathing apparatus (BA) primarily for rescue and limited fire attack. People credited with this unit standard are able to: demonstrate knowledge of BA and its effects on the physiology of the human body; wear the BA in actual or practical simulated conditions; manage the BA for safe use and survivability; and shut down and recommission the BA.
This course will contain theory & practical assessments covering the following:
- Compliance with H&S Policy & procedures
- Construction of a BA system
- Circumstances leading to wearing a BA system
- The effects of Wearing a BA System.
- Procedures should a BA system fail
- Entry & Search procedures
- Manage the BA for safe use
- Shut down and recommission BA
NZQA UNIT STANDARD
Wear and operate breathing apparatus in general emergencies