Overhead Crane - Cab Controlled
LIFT AND PLACE LOADS
Price (Per Person): $435 + GST
Company Booking: $2,400 + GST
Trainees credited with this unit standard are able to demonstrate knowledge of: company procedures and requirements for lifting practices and crane use; crane and lifting equipment; and demonstrate the care and safe use of cranes and lifting equipment. Trainees will also be able to; lift, move, and unload or place loads; and park the crane, and store equipment.
At the successful completion of the course the trainee will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of company procedures and requirements for lifting practices and crane use
- Demonstrate knowledge of crane and lifting equipment
- Demonstrate the care and safe use of cranes and lifting equipment
- Lift, move, and unload, or place loads
- Park the crane, and store equipment.
3800 - Use a radio remote or pendant controlled gantry crane to lift and place regular loads.
It is recommended that trainees have at least three months experience working in a crane workplace before attending the course. Trainees may attend the course without this experience but may be required to work for three months in a crane workplace before being awarded the unit standard.
NZQA UNIT STANDARD
Operate a cab controlled overhead crane and lift and place loads
NUMBERS MINIMUM 8 MAXIMUM 10