Overhead Crane - Pendant Controlled
Price (Per Person): $435 + GST
Refresher - Book Price (Per Person): $320 + GST
The aim of this course is to produce an overhead crane operator that will have the knowledge, skills and attributes to operate an overhead crane effectively and safely in different working environments. The successful trainee will also be able to demonstrate the appropriate responsibilities of operating an overhead crane with emphasis on accident prevention and safe operator responsibility.
- Health and Safety legislative requirements.
- Outline procedures and requirements pertaining to the safe lifting practices of an overhead crane.
- Terminology used for crane, hoist and lifting equipment is described.
- The care, use and maintenance of the crane and lifting equipment is explained;
- Covering pre-start checks, general service requirements, fault reporting, and inspection of the lifting equipment.
- Sling, lift, travel, unload and place regular loads.
- Lifting equipment is selected (wire slings, chains, magnets, nylon straps, lifting beams, spreader bars), and the load is slung in accordance with company procedures.
- Load is lifted, moved, and unloaded or placed in accordance with the crane manufacturer’s instructions and company procedures.
- Crane is parked in accordance with company procedures; equipment is stored in a safe and correct manner.
30072 - Demonstrate and apply knowledge of slinging regular loads safely
It is recommended that trainees have at least three months experience working in a crane workplace before attending the course. Trainees may attend the course without this experience but may be required to work for three months in a crane workplace before being awarded the unit standard.
NZQA UNIT STANDARD
Operate a radio remote or pendant controlled overhead crane and lift and place regular loads
NUMBERS MINIMUM 6 MAXIMUM 10