Prepare and Sling Complex Loads
People who attend this course are able to prepare and sling complex loads for crane operations.
Assessment must be carried out using either a crane with a 10 tonne minimum capacity; or a tower crane or self-erecting tower crane with a 4 tonne minimum capacity.
Note that the Assessment must be carried out in a crane workplace or equivalent.
At the successful completion of the course the trainee will be able to:
- Describe the purpose and use of types of lifting equipment in accordance with industry best practice and company procedures.
- Prepare and sling complex loads in accordance with industry best practice and company procedures.
- Determine factors affecting the safe operation of the crane.
- Correctly select lifting equipment and apply sling and lifting gear to the load.
- Select and apply packing and dunnage to crane lift situations.
The course requires a level of fitness to demonstrate competency for the skill being trained.
3789, Sling regular loads and communicate during crane operations, or demonstrate equivalent knowledge and skills.
VHNZ can provide training for US 3789. To organise, please contact a VHNZ representative.
NZQA UNIT STANDARD
Prepare and sling complex loads for crane operations
NUMBERS MINIMUM 4 MAXIMUM 6