Prepare and Sling Complex Loads
Company Booking: $4,400 + GST
People who attend this course are able to prepare and sling complex loads for crane operations.
Assessment must be carried out using either a crane with a 10 tonne minimum capacity; or a tower crane or self-erecting tower crane with a 4 tonne minimum capacity.
Note that the Assessment must be carried out in a crane workplace or equivalent.
At the successful completion of the course the trainee will be able to:
- Describe the purpose and use of types of lifting equipment in accordance with industry best practice and company procedures.
- Prepare and sling complex loads in accordance with industry best practice and company procedures.
- Determine factors affecting the safe operation of the crane.
- Correctly select lifting equipment and apply sling and lifting gear to the load.
- Select and apply packing and dunnage to crane lift situations.
It is recommended that trainees have at least three months experience working in a crane workplace before attending the course. Trainees may attend the course without this experience but may be required to work for three months in a crane workplace before being awarded the unit standard.
3789 - Sling regular loads and communicate during crane operations, or demonstrate equivalent knowledge and skills.
VHNZ can provide training for US 3789. To organise, please contact a VHNZ representative.
NZQA UNIT STANDARD
Prepare and sling complex loads for crane operations
NUMBERS MINIMUM 4 MAXIMUM 6