Price (Per Person): $195 + GST
Company Booking: $1,650 + GST
At the successful completion of this course a trainee will be able to: describe hazards that may harm workers, the work environment, and organisations; explain health and safety requirements for hazard control; describe hazard control methods; and identify hazards and apply risk assessment procedures. We strongly recommend the use of your own health and safety polices and documentation, then our trainers can contextualise the content to your own workplace.
Theory lessons covering the following:
- Responsibilities of employers and employees under the HSW Act are described
- Explain how hazards are defined in the HSW Act
- Describe hazards that may harm workers, the work environment, and organisations
- Explain health and safety requirements for hazard control
- Describe hazard control methods
- Identify hazards and apply risk assessment procedures
- The hierarchy of hazard management controls is described in terms of eliminating and minimising hazards.
NZQA UNIT STANDARD
Apply health and safety risk assessment to a job role