Site Safe Passport Building Construction
Price (Per Person): $145 + GST
The Foundation Passport - Building Construction introduces key topics including how to keep yourself safe, understanding and controlling risk, as well as basic hazards and legal requirements.
The course is suitable for all workers, contractors and managers in the residential, commercial and maintenance sectors who are new to health and safety training or to the industry.
With the Foundation Passport - Building Construction you will:
• Learn how to keep safe on site
• Understand your basic health and safety responsibilities
• Improve health and safety awareness of everyone working on site
• Earn 2 credits towards your Health and Safety in Construction programme.
- Working at height
- Mobile elevating work platforms
- Harness safety
- Hazard identification
- Manual handling
- Worker engagement
- Safe practices
- Safety self-inspections
- Asbestos, dust, spills and contaminated soil
- Conducting inspections of mechanical plant, PPE and harnesses.
- How you can influence health and safety on site
- Understand the key risks and hazards in your industry
- Work safer
- Understand the consequences of actions taken on site
- Become part of a positive safety culture
- Understand your basic safety responsibility
- Understand the principles of basic risk assessment and how to use controls.
- The reasons for being safe
- Shaping health and safety culture
- Health and safety conversations
- How to take action
- The impact of risk taking and injuries
- Learn how to speak up when you are not safe
- Understand the power of role models.
- A Site Safety Card/Passport (valid for two years)
- Four Licensed Building Practitioner points
- A Passport Handbook
- Three credits towards the NZQA Certificate in Construction Site Safety (only one Passport-level course may be counted towards the certificate)
Vertical Horizonz can deliver the Site Safe Foundation Passport - Building Construction. Vertical Horizonz and Site Safe have put their heads and hearts together to make the Site Safe Foundation Passport - Building Construction accessible to a wider pool of individuals across the country.