Site Traffic Management Supervisor (STMS Level 1)
Price (Per Person): $535 + GST
The NZ Transport Agency Code of Practice for Temporary Traffic Management (COP/TTM) requires that appropriately trained and qualified personnel must carry out and supervise Temporary Traffic Management duties on all worksites. The STMS has specific duties and has ultimate responsibility for overall traffic management at the worksite.
- Basic components of a roadwork site
- Checking Traffic Management Plans provided
- Designing Traffic Management Plans for different work stages
- Setting up, checking, and removing road works safety measures
- Local Roads supplement
- Controlling traffic at a worksite, including Stop/Go operations
- Working safely within the protected area
- Effectiveness of personal protective equipment
- Reporting and recording accidents and crashes
- Plant and work vehicle operation and safety
- Worksite safety audits.
This two-day course provides training to the requirements of the NZTA Code of Practice for Temporary Traffic Management (COP/TTM), and covers the new standards and operating procedures for NZTA and Local Authority roads.
People attending this course must hold a current Level 1 Basic Traffic Controller (TC) certificate for a minimum of one calendar month.
NZQA UNIT STANDARD
This assessment is Non Unit Standard Based (NUSB).