Train To Work Programme
GET WORK READY. 10 DAYS. FEES FREE
Upcoming Programme dates
TBC - please contact VHNZ for further information
To be eligible for this service each participant will be:
- Currently on the MSD Job Seeker benefit
- A New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- 18- 30 years old
- Hold a Learner's (or higher) Drivers Licence
- Able to pass Drug & Alcohol test at the end of the programme
- Fit and Healthy to work.
Please express your interest as soon as possible, as the above will need to be assessed prior to acceptance and course commencement.
To upskill and prepare New Zealanders aged 18- 24 years for work in construction, civil, transport, logistics and trades.
Working in conjunction with the Ministry of Social Development (MSD), the programme helps MSD clients find full time, sustainable employment within skill short industries.
The Train to Work programme is designed and developed with valid, relevant teaching and learning resources and lesson plans to equip you with abilities attractive to active employers. The course also allows trainees to work with active employers throughout the training to gain further traction and insight into job opportunities.
This is a Noho Marae programme, culturally aware, and designed to allow each person the opportunity to experience living on the Marae and learning within a Māori perspective over 10 Days.
- MSD Youth Work Services Team, Work and Income will co-ordinate recruitment for referrals
- Referrals will attend a one-day panel interview with Vertical Horizonz staff and active employers
- 20 Trainees will be interviewed by the panel with 12 trainees being selected to start the programme
- Vertical Horizonz will have the final approval for selection of successful participants.
EXAMPLES OF UNIT STANDARDS AVAiLABLE
The custom programme can be developed based on NZQA unit standards like the below. Achieved Unit Standards are recognised within industry.
|Workplace Health & Safety||497, 17593, 17602||1 Day|
|Site Safe Passport Building Construction||n/a||1/2 Day|
|Manual Handling||17591, 17592||1 Day|
|Fire Safety and Warden||3271, 4647||1/2 Day|
|First Aid Level 1||6401, 6402||1 Day|
|Working at Height Advanced||15757, 23229, 17600, 25045||2 Days|
|Low Level Scaffolding||9184, 13016, 13053||2 Days|
|Mobile Elevated Work Platform||23966, 23960, 23962, 23964||1 Day|
Phone: 0800 72 33 848 or Phil on 021500803
PO Box 15-030, Tauranga 3144