Working at Height Basic
Price (Per Person): $290 + GST
Company Booking: $2500 + GST
Refresher Price (Per Person): $290 + GST
Refresher Company Booking: $2500 + GST
The aim of this course is to enable a trainee to use a safety harness for personal fall prevention when working at height.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the hazards associated with wearing a safety harness and associated equipment
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety harnesses and associated systems and equipment
- Check and fit a safety harness
- Use a safety harness where a fall hazard exists at height
- Demonstrate knowledge of the rescue plan to be activated in the event of a fall.
As far as possible, training will focus on prevention and restraint techniques using travel restraint strategies rather than fall arrest.
The course requires a level of fitness to demonstrate competency for the skill being trained.
Those who are required to install, disestablish, and identify anchor points for fall arrest systems, as well as demonstrate knowledge of the rescue plan, should look at the greater level of training; unit standard 15757.
NZQA UNIT STANDARD
Use safety harness system when working at height
Employ height safety equipment in the workplace
NUMBERS MINIMUM 8 MAXIMUM 12