Working at Height - Basic
Price (Per Person): $290 + GST
Company Booking: $2500 + GST
Refresher Price (Per Person): $290 + GST
Refresher Company Booking: $2500 + GST
The aim of this course is to enable a trainee to use a safety harness for personal fall prevention when working at height.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the hazards associated with wearing a safety harness and associated equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety harnesses and associated systems and equipment.
- Check and fit a safety harness.
- Use a safety harness where a fall hazard exists at height.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the rescue plan to be activated in the event of a fall.
As far as possible, training will focus on prevention and restraint techniques using travel restraint strategies rather than fall arrest.
Persons qualified with unit 23229 are able to utilise basic fall arrest systems e.g. harnesses, lanyards and inertia reels.
The course requires a level of fitness to demonstrate competency for the skill being trained.
NZQA UNIT STANDARD
Use safety harness system when working at height
OPTIONAL UNIT STANDARDS
Explain safe work practices for working at heights
NUMBERS MINIMUM 8 MAXIMUM 10