Workplace Health and Safety
Price (Per Person): $280 + GST
Company Booking: $2,400 + GST
At the successful completion of this course a trainee will be able to identify and describe legislative rights and responsibilities for workplace health and safety, and identify the principles of workplace safety. They will also be able to demonstrate safe work practices and describe hazards that may harm fellow workers, the work environment, and organisations. They can then apply risk assessment procedures and implement hazard control measures to deal with the hazard.
Theory and practical lessons covering the following:
- Responsibilities of employers and employees under the HSW Act are identified
- Describe the systems approach to workplace health and safety
- Hazard management controls are explained
- Explain how hazards are defined in the HSW Act
- Describe hazards that may harm workers, the work environment, and organisations
- Explain health and safety requirements for hazard control
- Describe hazard control methods
- Apply risk assessment procedures
- Identify the principles of workplace safety in a workplace
- Identifying safe and unsafe work practices
- Describe good workplace health and safety practices.
NZQA UNIT STANDARD
Describe duties, rights, representation and the regulator in terms of New Zealand health and safety legislation.
Apply health and safety risk assessment to a job role.