Workplace Health and Safety Foundation
Price (Per Person): $ 545 + GST
Company Booking: $4,800 + GST
Organisations need to ensure that their staff are compliant with and understand the Health and Safety requirements for the work they do. This course provides trainees with a clear understanding of the health and safety responsibilities of themselves and others. It provides foundational knowledge for further learning in the Health and Safety field.
Theory and practical lessons covering the following:
- Health and safety legislation
- Reporting and documentation requirements
- Key duties and responsibilities
- Key roles in worker participation and engagement
- Risk assessment and its application to a job role
- Industry good practice
- Communication practices
- Workplace Health and Safety culture.
Workplace health and safety foundation can also be completed online as individual courses for each unit standard.
NZQA UNIT STANDARD
Describe duties, rights, representation and the regulator in terms of New Zealand health and safety legislation
Apply health and safety risk assessment to a job role
Demonstrate knowledge of workplace health and safety culture and practices