Workplace Health and Safety Requirements
Book Price (Per Person): $190 + GST
At the successful completion of this course a trainee will be able to: identify and describe legislative rights and responsibilities for workplace health and safety; describe the systems approach to workplace health and safety; and explain how hazards are defined in the HSW Act.
Theory and practical lessons covering the following:
- Responsibilities of employers under the HSW Act are identified and described.
- Responsibilities and rights of employees under the HSW Act are identified and described.
- Describe the systems approach to workplace health and safety.
- The hierarchy of hazard management controls is described in terms of eliminating and minimising hazards.
- Explain how hazards are defined in the HSW Act.
NZQA UNIT STANDARD
Demonstrate knowledge of workplace health and safety requirements