At the successful completion of this course the successful trainee will be able to; identify hazards and controls within confined spaces; develop an emergency procedure plan; and complete the necessary documentation required for a confined space entry.
Theory lessons covering the following topics:
NZQA Unit Standard
- The required legal documents covering confined space entry.
- Examples of confined spaces.
- Control measures to eliminate, isolate, and minimise the risk of confined space hazards.
- Monitoring and confined space testing requirements.
- Hazards of confined spaces are identified in terms of their potential for serious harm.
- Responsibilities and duties of people entering confined spaces or conducting observation duties for confined spaces.
- Develop an emergency procedure plan including evacuation strategies, emergency actions when first discovered, confined space safety watch duties.
18426 Demonstrate knowledge of hazards associated with confined spaces
Attendance Numbers Minimum of 8, maximum of 10 per trainer
Course Duration 1 day
Those qualified with unit 18426 (Confined Space Hazards) MUST be in direct supervision by someone qualified with unit 17599 (2 day Confined Space) at all times.