The aim of this course is to enable a candidate to deliver effective training to small groups in both theory and practical settings. At the conclusion of the course, candidates will have understood the importance of the teaching and learning environment and utilise this knowledge in the implementation of training to maximise the adult learning experience.
The course is unique in that is shows how workplace application can make even the most difficult theatrical training relevant and transferrable.
If candidates wish to assess NZQA Unit Standards, we recommend VHNZ's Workplace Assessor course (units 4098, 11821, 18203).
Who Should Attend:
- Organisational leaders who have to train others
- People with organisational expertise who need to inform others
- "In House" trainers who need to train new organisational members
- Volunteers who are leading and training in a community based organisation.
NZQA Unit Standards
- Understanding the training cycle
- Qualities of an effective trainer
- Recognition of different learning styles and basic body language
- Confirming instruction has been assimilated
- Deliver both theory and practical lessons. You are welcome to bring any equipment you may require to assist with your presentation.
7096 Deliver learning presentations for adult learners
7115 Create and maintain a positive learning environment for adult learners
19444 Deliver group training sessions for adult learners
Please note that candidates should be prepared to deliver a series of lessons in front of a small group.
Attendance Numbers Minimum 6, Maximum 10
Course Duration 3 days
If you have any questions in regards to this information sheet please do not hesitate to contact a representative of Vertical Horizonz New Zealand Limited.