New Zealand Government has now set the mandatory requirement for all security personnel employed within New Zealand; to complete assessment of the three NZQA unit standards within this course.
Theory and practical lessons covering:
- Licensing requirements for security personnel.
- Legal authority and roles of security personnel.
- Health and safety requirements relevant to security personnel.
- Actions required for first response to emergencies and security incidents.
- Requirements for receiving and reporting information in a security context.
- Interpersonal communication techniques.
- Risk identification.
- Management of a conflict situation.
- Implement post incident action.
NZQA Unit Standards
27360 Demonstrate knowledge of managing conflict situations in a security context
27361 Manage conflict situations in security context
27364 Demonstrate knowledge of the security industry in pre-employment context
Attendance Numbers Minimum of 10, maximum of 14 per trainer
Course Duration Two workshops and an online assessment within a 3 week period.
All holders of Licenses and Certificates of Approval for Crowd Control, Personal and Property Guards MUST complete the mandatory training by 1 October 2014.
This course may require a level of fitness to demonstrate competency for the skill being trained.